With Panic Alarm, your iPhone can give you a little extra peace-of-mind when walking home at night by combining an easy-to-use panic alarm with a simple way of making a call for help.
Activate the application when travelling alone and, in the event of trouble, the prominent Panic button can be pressed or the phone can be shaken to activate an ear-shattering alarm that will attract attention and make an attacker think twice about following through with an attack. If the alarm continues, the application can automatically call a nominated SOS number for help, so the person on the other end will be able to hear what's going on and summon assistance.
- Press the 'Panic' button or shake the phone to activate a high-volume, attention-getting alarm.
- Nominate an SOS contact by picking them from your address book.
- Choose how long it is after the alarm starts before the SOS call is automatically made.
- Set your own PIN-code so that if an attacker grabs your phone, they will struggle to cancel the alarm and will be unable to change settings in the application or see your SOS contact.
- Works with all iPhones and 2G iPod Touches running version 2.0 and later.
- SOS call requires an iPhone.